Oranges are delicious, refreshing and one of the most liked fruits. Fresh orange juice is loaded with vitamins, and contains a very quantity of vitamin C. All the vitamins present in oranges are very beneficial for the body and help to prevent against various harmful health conditions. Orange juice is high in beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects the health of your body cells.
Orange juice contains adequate amount of folic acid, which is vital for your brain development. It also contains magnesium that helps to maintain the blood pressure, and potassium that promotes a healthy cardiovascular system. Thiamin transforms present in orange juice transforms the food that you eat into energy.
Cartenoids are powerful antioxidants that slow down the process of aging by fighting the dangerous radicals that cause premature aging. Phytonutrients present in orange juice facilitates effective functioning of the nutrients. Vitamin B6, that is present in abundance in orange juice, improves the processing of proteins and carbohydrates in food. It also boosts the production of hemoglobin that carries blood to every part of the body.
Drinking orange juice daily can significantly reduce your risk of developing of kidney stones. Oranges are an excellent source of fiber, which is very effective in reducing cholesterol levels. The natural sugar and fructose that orange juice contains controls the levels of blood sugar after meals.
Some other health benefits of orange juice are as follows:
- It helps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, both of which are very common health concerns.
- The high amount of vitamin C that orange juice contains boosts the immune system.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases by improving blood circulation.
- The fact that orange juice is rich in antioxidants makes it effective against cancer and other serious health issues.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of orange juice make it beneficial for treating arthritis related pain.
As you can see, orange juice has tremendous health benefits for people belonging to all age groups. However, make sure to have freshly squeezed orange juice and not the canned one. Having a glass or two of this delicious drink can go a long way in helping you stay healthy.